C.L.A.I.M. - the Coalition of Lutherans Advancing in Mission - will be holding its first-ever Lutheran Heritage Day & Hunger Walk-A-Thon on Saturday, June 18th, 2011 from 10AM to 2PM at Lake Montebello Park.
We're happy to announce that Moveable Feast will be a proud beneficiary of this event, along with ELCA World Hunger and the Maryland Food Bank.
With just a $20 donation, walk or run the 1.3-mile trail around the lake yourself, or sponsor another walker.
The Board of Directors of CLAIM is also looking for organizations to set-up informational tables at the Walk-A-Thon site. Keep reading for details!
- Organizations may reserve a table for a $50 donation to the event
- Table set-up will take place at the small parking lot adjacent to the Montebello School; the layout will be similar to a tailgate - drive into the parking lot, pull nose-first into the parking space, and set-up the exhibit from the trunk of your vehicle.
- Organizations may bring a small table, some folding chairs, and their educational materials
- Organizations are encouraged to gather a team of walkers and solicit sponsors to help raise money for the event.
- To reserve a table, please send checks (payable to "DE-MD Synod") to DE-MD Synod, C.L.A.I.M. Lutheran Heritage Day Hunger Walk-a-Thon, 700 Light Street, Baltimore, MD 21230
For more information, please contact CLAIM Coordinator Jennifer Arnold (CLAIMBaltimore@gmail.com or 410-499-6949).
Add this event to your Google calendar.