2.11.2011

There Goes My Hero...Bourbon!

In December 2010, we began providing meals to people living with blood cancers, through the There Goes My Hero foundation. There Goes My Hero provides hope and nourishment to leukemia patients and their families.

How did this partnership begin? Well, in the late spring and early summer of 2010, Erik Sauer, the founder and executive director of There Goes My Hero, approached Tom with his vision of feeding people with leukemia. After some discussion and planning, and with the financial support of TGMH, we embarked on a pilot program. This pilot program was comprised of There Goes My Hero, Moveable Feast, and the Sydney Kimmel Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins.

Organizationally, the Kimmel Center will identify patients and families in need of nutritional support during their difficult times. Moveable Feast will provide the meals, funded by There Goes My Hero.

Currently, we feed 6 patients with blood cancers - more than halfway to our initial goal of feeding 10 people!

Help us to meet that goal faster by attending one of There Goes My Hero's fundraisers - a classy and fabulous bourbon tasting at Silo Point's 19th floor Sky Lounge. The event will take place next Thursday, February 17th from 6-9PM. Check out the flier below:

click to enlarge

No comments:

Post a Comment