Benefits of carrots
Carrots provide great antioxidant nutrients, especially beta-carotene. These antioxidants have cardiovascular benefits and fight against cancer.
Benefits of parsley
Parsley is a well-known consumed herb with numerous benefits in taste and health. Parsley has been found to help fight against colon and postrate cancer, it's rich in antioxidants, has cardiovascular benefits, and provides a ton of vitamin K.
A combination of these two power foods will not only leave you satisfied, but will do your body, your heart and your overall health a lot of good. You'll wake up feeling great after eating this for dinner!
|Photo Credit: The Family Kitchen|
6 carrots, peeled
1 bunch parsley, minced
1 clove garlic, smashed and minced
3 tablespoons lime juice
4 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon cumin seed, rough chopped
1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Shred the carrots into a large bowl and toss with the parsley.
- In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil into the lime juice.
- Whisk in all the remaining ingredients.
- Drizzle dressing over the vegetables, and toss.
- Check acid and salt levels, and adjust as needed.